With the government opening up the COVID-19 vaccine drive to more segments of the population (including everyone over 45 years from April 1), the time is right for your organization to get involved.
With a proactive rollout plan, you can offer employees smoother access to the vaccine, make their lives safer, and enable them to protect their families. Kickstart your effort with these 5 steps.
1. Facilitate Vaccination For Eligible Employees
A segment of your workforce should already be eligible for the vaccine under the current criteria, based on age or comorbidities, and this will extend to everyone over 45 years from April 1. Make it easier for them to get vaccinated.
2. Enable & Strengthen Digital Health Support
As other employees wait their turn, ensure they feel supported with the right health support and make these available virtually.
- Provide diagnostic test support with home sample collection, so employees can safely get a health status report before their vaccination, if they wish to.
- Enable virtual consultations with doctors to address any concerns.
- Continue to offer at-home COVID-19 testing and recovery support if someone tests positive.
3. Inform, Educate, Enquire
- Keep employees posted on plans to roll out COVID-19 vaccine drives and any policy changes.
- Educate them by answering vaccine FAQs & concerns and curating credible sources of information they can turn to.
- Allay fears about vaccine efficacy, side effects, and the need for vaccination by organizing expert-led webinars.
- Ask employees what’s on their minds. The right surveys can help you plan when and how to roll out your company-wide vaccination drive.
4. Lay The Groundwork For Future Drives
You can also use this time to prepare for a full-fledged vaccination drive. For instance,
- Zero in on locations you can run vaccine camps based on employee interest.
- Figure out logistics to run on-site camps when they become feasible. For instance, the government stipulates physical infrastructure like a waiting room, vaccination room, and observation room at all vaccination centers.
- Set up a volunteer group within the company to help facilitate these camps.
5. Enlist The Right Partners To Help
If conceiving a program, communicating with employees, hiring full-time medical staff, and analyzing data in-house seem like a formidable task, rope in an experienced health and wellness (H&W) partner to do the heavy lifting for you.
For instance, healthi can help you roll out a vaccination drive seamlessly and quickly, taking care of all operational details and offering the right guidance on strategic decisions.
To launch your vaccine drive or clarify any questions you have about running a program, simply reach out to us today!