COVID-19 vaccination programs have dominated headlines since we stepped into 2021. As the country gears up for a full-fledged vaccine rollout, what groundwork should you lay to help your employees get vaccinated safely and on time?
We answer this and other pressing questions on the minds of decision-makers today.
1. What vaccines are available?
Globally, over 50 COVID-19 vaccines are in trials or various stages of rollout right now. But the ones in the limelight are the Pfizer, Moderna, and Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccines.
On Indian shores, Covishield from Serum Institute of India (SSI), which is essentially the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine, and Covaxin by Bharat Biotech have been approved by the Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) for restricted emergency use. In the weeks ahead, other vaccines that get approval may also be available.
2. How do these vaccines work?
These vaccines are intramuscular (IM) shots and will be injected into a muscle. Vaccine schedule will likely include:
*UK has been giving it as much as 3 months apart as well
While data on Covaxin’s efficacy is not available, Covishield vaccine has been 70-90 percent effective.
3. When will the vaccine be available for corporate drives?
- Frontline medical workers, who have also been the first to receive the vaccine, are getting their first doses at the moment. This process is likely to take a few more weeks.
- Senior citizens, a segment known to be especially vulnerable to COVID-19 complications, are next in line.
- The program will then likely be thrown open to the public, who will need to register to get their shot. People with comorbidities that make them susceptible to severe forms of COVID-19 may get priority.
- At this point, healthi will promptly roll out nationwide COVID-19 vaccination drives for our clients. We expect this to happen as early as March or in April/May this year.
4. What will the process be like? How can healthi help?
Our team has been running vaccination camps successfully for several years. Leveraging our logistics chain and expertise, healthi can seamlessly roll out COVID-19 vaccination drives across India the minute the vaccine is made available to the public.
During these drives, healthi will share safety checklists and pre-vaccination precautions, prepare list of eligible candidates, organize doctor consultations, and address any other key concerns.
5. How much will the vaccines cost?
The SSI has said they will price their vaccine at Rs 700-800 for the private market. Pricing is not yet available for Covaxin. As with any vaccination, the final end-user cost will also include an added inoculation cost to cover expenses.
Exact payment terms will be finalized once pricing for the public is made available to us. However, healthi will negotiate for the best prices on your behalf and ensure you benefit from our bulk order pricing when you sign up for large orders.
To find out more about early enrollment, planning and offers, simply reach out to us!