As the year draws to a close, the time’s just right to ask ourselves these questions:
- Are our employees entering the new year in better health, mind and body?
- Do we have a game plan to encourage a healthier lifestyle in 2020 and beyond?
- What takeaways from 2019 can help them be their best in the coming year?
These top 2019 trends & insights from corporate India should help you navigate these and make the right moves in 2020.
1. Remote/virtual working is on the rise
Thanks to the internet and flexible work policies, telecommuting is here to stay. Wellness plans, too, need to step up so they are relevant and accessible to all employees – virtual or otherwise.
Your Action Plan: Actively look after your telecommuters with a simple and effective “FICS” for your health initiatives. With the right strategies, you won’t have to compromise on your budget or the interests of your other employees.
2. Lifestyle conditions are bogging down India Inc.
All said, employee wellness is still a relatively new concept. Sometimes it may entail damage control, particularly for employees facing the brunt of long-term desk jobs and sedentary lifestyles.
Your Action Plan: Focus on these top 5 employee health issues prevalent in corporate India, using our ready reckoner of steps to help.
3. Eating smarter can feed productivity
Most people spend a chunk of their waking life at the office and eat up to 3 meals (plus snacks!) at work. This makes your role in influencing their diet critical.
Your Action Plan: In 2020, kick-start healthy eating at work with this 3-step game plan. Transform your people’s health and improve attendance and performance in one stroke.
4. A data-driven approach to health & wellness is taking center stage
Unstructured organizational data often cause employee wellness programs to fail. Predictive analytics takes this routine data, analyzes it to spot trends and patterns, and offers actionable insights.
Your Action Plan: Use data to revitalize your health program. It’s not complicated, it’s not hard!
5. Wellness programs are a strategic business need, not a “nice-to-have”
Structured and well-designed wellness programs ultimately boost productivity, tackles presenteeism-related underperformance, and builds a virtuous circle of wellness which ripples beyond your offices.
Your Action Plan: Understand how wellness programs are a win-win for your brand and how it can help you put your best foot forward in 2020.